Saturday, September 3, 2011

Into the grey....

Into the grey, or gray?  You choose the destination!  Such a cool word to be spelled two different ways, but still having the same meaning!  "Grey (or gray) is an achromatic or neutral color."  According to Wiki.  It is that middle ground between black and white, the gray area, where I dwell.  It is my favorite color.

I have envied so many people in life for seeing things as black or white, good or bad, right or wrong, Sinner or Saint.  People will stand at attention, pointing their finger at another human and exclaim "Hero, Villain, Loser, Whore, Murderer, Racist, etc."  I watch parents condemn their children as "Losers," or proclaim them as "Gifted."  I watch some of the poorest excuses for human beings tell others how to live their lives. 

Let me make sure I get this clear. I do not envy what you do, but how easy it is for you to come to that decision.  I have never had that ability.  I see everything as gray.  There are always two sides (sometimes more) to every story, action, or situation.  There have been times I spent days trying to get to the bottom of an issue.  

There are certainly some times that there is a "Yes" or "No" answer, but that is far from the norm.  So alas, you who have chosen yourself as judge, jury and executioner, I salute you.  To the ones that pretend to know all that is right and just for the human race, you are indeed ALL that has gone wrong with humanity.

No comments:

Post a Comment